After more than 25 years leading several business-to-business marketing organizations in the electronics capital equipment market, including heading corporate marketing at Teradyne, inc., Craig Pynn established Helios Marketing Advisors, Inc. (HMA) in early 2003. Since then he has provided training, consulting and deliverables such as sales presentations, technical articles, economic models, collateral copy and web site content for organizations in technology and education.
This experience and his professional qualifications (BSEE–MIT and MBA–Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley) add up to creative marketing insight grounded in technical expertise that understands, synthesizes and clearly communicates marketing principles, processes, strategy as well as underlying technology to employees, sales channels, customers, analysts and the press.
Recently completed client projects:
- Developed a new web site with original content that reflects and supports a new brand and product position.
- Developed a market survey and analysis program to gain prospective customer feedback on a new service product offering to electronics manufacturers.
- Trained a marketing team to identify emerging target market segments in the military aerospace electronics sector for an instrumentation product line with significant new technical capabilities.
- Identified target accounts within new market segments for an existing high performance test system and wrote an introductory PowerPoint presentation for use at meetings with executives at these companies.
- Developed an Excel-based economic analysis model to allow prospective customers to compare costs of using the client’s lower-cost test system to older, traditional test systems.
- Developed positioning, competitive analysis and a complete launch program for a product used for in-line programming of ISP devices.
- Led four product marketing groups in a single organization through a well-defined process that identified key product strengths and differentiators and developed new sales presentations based on the outputs of the process. Result: a fresh, coherent and consistent message across the product line.
Further examples of how Helios Marketing Advisors provides practical solutions to real world technology marketing problems can be found here.